IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This software update (version 4.131) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 4.118:
- Enables Transport Layer Security 1.0 (TLS1.0) to enhance security of internet applications
- Improves reliability to the Secure Sockets Layer 3.0 (SSL3.0)
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 4.131:
- Improved performance and stability of internet TV features
- Improves performance and stability of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) features Note: IPTV allows you to enjoy HD (High Definition) programming from the internet on your tv that is connected to a broadband internet connection.
- Improves the performance and stability of the GINGA® Interactive Application
- Adds support for the GINGA® Interactive Application Note: GINGA is the interactivity software of the Brazilian Digital TV System. Using a TV with this software, you are able to interact with your favorite TV shows through Interactive Applications available from your TV station.
GINGA® is a trademark of PUC-Rio/UFPB.
- Resolves an issue where the TVs clock may reset and the electronic program guide information may not be synchronized with the actual time
- System Software
- sony_tvupdate_2010_0531_brl_.zip (for Brazil)
- 42.10 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- All user settings are retained during the firmware update.
- It is normal for the TV set to restart during the update process. The TV set may take longer than usual to restart as it's installing the new firmware.
- User settings will not be changed by the update.
- Do not operate, turn off, or disconnect the TV from the AC power source during the upgrade process.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the TV to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- After performing this update, it isn't possible to return to or install a previous version of the system software. By downloading and installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update can't be reversed.
Download & Install
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Network Update Method (Recommended)
The Network update is straightforward and the easiest way to update your TV. To use this method, your TV must be connected to your network connection to the internet (512Kbps or faster). If you have a slower connection speed, use the USB Storage Device method instead.
OPTION 2 - USB Storage Device (USB) Update Method
With this method, use a PC to download the firmware update, transfer the update file to a USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your TV. You will need a USB storage device with at least 42.1 MB of space available and formatted for the FAT32 file system. If you're using a USB device for playback of photos, music, or videos on your TV, the same USB device type should work for this update. If the software update is not successful after following the instructions, you may need to format your USB device to the FAT32 file system, or use a different device.
Resolving Installation Error Messages
If either message, An error occurred during the software update or Software cannot be updated using this USB device is displayed on the TV.
GINGA® Interactive Application Instructions
After completing the software update, follow the steps below to set up the Interactive Application on the user menu.