IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs Content Manager Software version 1.3 and provides the following improvements over version 1.2:
- Adds support for Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system.
- Adds support for data transfer from iTunes® 9.0
Content Transfer Software Features
- Transfer the following file formats to the Walkman player:
- Music: .mp3, .3gp, .mp4, .wma, and .wmv
- Video: .mp4, .m4v, and .wmv
- Photo: .jpg
- Can automatically add 12 Tone Analyses metadata to music files as they are transferred
- Can be used in Gadget mode with Windows Vista® operating system
- Automatic Transfer function is available
- Video file conversion function is available
- Automatic Update function is available
- Windows Media® Digital Rights Management (DRM) files are supported. (e.g. WMA, WMV) Notes:
- The Content Transfer software supports data transfer from iTunes 9.0 to the Walkman player
- For the video file conversion function the Walkman player must support playing WMV files. Please refer to your Operation Guide to confirm if your model can play WMV files.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- 57.88 MB
Before You Start
A firmware update may be needed in order to use the Content Transfer software. If a firmware update is needed, it will be listed in the You May Need This section of this page. If that section is not listed, your player does not require a firmware update.
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button until the Home menu appears.
- At the Home menu, use the arrow buttons to select Settings , and then press the Play/Pause button .
- At the Settings menu, use the arrow buttons to select Common Settings, and then press the Play/Pause button.
- At the Common Settings menu, use the arrow buttons to select Unit Information, and then press the Play/Pause button.
- The model number and current firmware version are listed.
- If the version number is 1.3 or higher, you do not need this update.
- If the version number is 1.2 or lower, you should install this update.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Installing the Content Transfer software is a two part process. First download the Content Transfer Installer utility. Then, run the Content Transfer Installer utility while connected to the Internet. Only the files needed for your computer will be downloaded and Content Transfer Software version 1.3 will be installed.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Do not allow the computer to go into suspend, sleep, or hibernation mode during the download and installation of this software.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the player to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Download & Install
Computer System Requirements
- Operating System:
- Microsoft® Windows®8
- Microsoft Windows®7
- Microsoft Windows;Vista® (with Service Pack 1 or later)
- Microsoft Windows®XP (with Service Pack 2 or later)
- When used with 64 bit versions of the operating systems, the Content Transfer software runs under WOW64 for 32 bit compatibility.
- 64 Bit versions of the Windows XP operating system are not supported.
- Windows 7: Intel® Pentium® III, 1 GHz or higher
- Windows Vista: Pentium III, 800 MHz or higher
- Windows XP: Pentium III, 450 MHz or higher
- Memory (RAM):
- Windows 7: 1 GB or more (32-bit version) / 2 GB or more (64-bit version)
- Windows Vista: 512 MB or more (1 GB or more is recommended)
- Windows XP: 256 MB or more
- Windows Media Player 11
- Download the ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe file to a directory on your computer, and make note of this directory for reference.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe file to begin the installation. Note: It is necessary for the computer to be connected to the Internet to install the Content Transfer Software.
- The Content Transfer Installer utility will download the necessary files to your computer.
- The Content Transfer version 1.3 installer window will be displayed.
- Please follow the on-screen prompts carefully to complete the installation.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.