The Recovery Media can be used to restore the entire (C:) drive, without changing the hard drive configuration, or in conjunction with installing or removing a Recovery Drive partition. Follow this procedure to perform a system recovery using the Recovery Media.
- Before performing a recovery, go to the Sony® eSupport Web site. Look for software and driver updates, or check for knowledge base solutions that may help you solve your computer's issue. Cheque os Downloads disponíveis para seu modelo.
- Do not interrupt the power during the recovery process. Battery equipped computers must be connected to the AC adapter.
- The Recovery Media cannot be used to add other partitions or modify the size of the (C:) drive.
- The default configuration for these computers includes only a (C:) drive.
- If you have not created a set of Recovery Media, or if the Recovery Media has been lost or misplaced, a Recovery Media may be available for purchase through our partner Encompass® Supply Chain Solutions Inc. or by calling 1- 866-779-5153.
NOTE: The USB Recovery Media drive must have already been prepared as a recovery drive by the VAIO® Care application on the PC before performing these steps.
- Access the computer BIOS .
- In the BIOS screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Boot tab.
- On the Boot tab, use the arrow keys to highlight the External Device Boot, press the Enter key and set the value to Enabled.
- In the Boot Priority section, set the External Device to be the first device listed.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight the Exit tab.
- On the Exit tab, use the arrow keys to highlight Save Changes and press the Enter key.
- At the Save Setup Values prompt, use the arrow keys to highlight Yes, and then press the Enter key.
- Insert the USB flash drive into any USB port on the computer.
IMPORTANT: This must be a USB port built into the case of the computer and not an attached USB hub or cable extension.
- On the Exit tab, use the arrow keys to highlight Exit Setup and press the Enter key.
- At the Save & Reset prompt, use the arrow keys to highlight Yes, and then press the Enter key.
- The system will restart, and VAIO Care Rescue Mode will launch automatically.
- At the VAIO Care Rescue Mode screen, click Start Recovery Wizard.
- At the Rescue Data screen, choose the desired option:
- Select the Yes, I'd like to start rescue now option to back up your personal data before the system recovery begins.
- Select the Skip rescue to continue the system recovery without backing up your personal data.
IMPORTANT: If you elect the option to back up your personal data, a second USB flash drive will be needed to store the backup data.
- In the VAIO Care Recovery screen, click to select the desired option:
- Restore C: Drive
- Restore Complete System
- Choosing Restore C: Drive will restore the entire hard drive (C:) to its original, factory-installed condition.
- Choosing Restore Complete System will restore the entire (C:) drive, while also installing or removing a Recovery Drive partition.
- At the Are you sure you want to start recovery screen, click Yes, I understand to confirm your knowledge that the system recovery process will erase all personal data and settings on the computer.
- Click the Start recovery button to start the system recovery process.