It is normal for the camera to lose time and date settings if the internal battery is left uncharged for an extended period of time; some cameras will default to the time-setting screen when turned on if this happens. Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Turn off the camera.
- Do one of the following:
- Insert a fully-charged battery pack into the camera.
- If the camera is supplied with an AC power adapter, plug the adapter into a working electrical outlet and then connect it to the camera.
- Allow the internal battery that retains the time and date information to charge for at least 24 hours.
- After enough time has elapsed to sufficiently charge the internal battery, turn on the camera.
- Set the time and date.
- Turn off the camera for 30 seconds.
- Turn on the camera again.
- Check to see if the date and time have been saved.
If the issue is still unresolved, the product may need to be repaired.