Follow the procedure below to connect to your WLAN or Wi-Fi® network.
IMPORTANT: This information applies only to computers using the operating systems listed below this article in the Applicable Products and Categories section.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Network and Internet Connections icon.
- In the Network and Internet Connections window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the Network Connections icon.
- In the Network Connections window, under LAN or High-Speed Internet, click to select the Wireless Network Connection icon.
- On the menu bar, click File.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- In the Wireless Network Connection Properties window, click the Wireless Networks tab.
- On the Wireless Networks tab, click the View Wireless Networks button.
- In the Wireless Network Connection window, under Choose a wireless network, click to select your wireless network (SSID).
- Click the Connect button.
- If connecting to a Security-enabled network, in the Wireless Network Connection window, enter the security key or passphrase and then click the Connect button.
- To connect to an Unsecured network, in the Wireless Network Connection window, click Continue Anyway.