Unable to hear any sound or the sound is low when using the clock radio.
Follow these steps if the sound issues are occurring when playing the radio or alarm.
- Unplug any devices that are connected to the clock radio.
- Set the volume to a mid-level.
NOTE: Having the volume at a high-level initially may cause damage to the speakers. The volume should be adjusted gradually.
- Switch the audio source to radio.
- Adjust the volume gradually to a level that can be heard.
If the sound is still not heard after following the steps above, reset the clock radio.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait approximately 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the AC power outlet.
If the sound issue is not resolved after resetting the clock radio, service may be required.
Follow these steps if sound is not heard when an Apple® iPod® portable player or your iPhone® mobile digital device is connected to the dock on the clock radio.
- Remove the Apple device and any other devices that are connected to the clock radio.
- Turn down the volume on the clock radio.
- Unplug the clock radio from the AC wall outlet and wait 10 seconds.
- Using the iPod player or iPhone device, hold down both the Home and the Lock button at the same time.
- Wait approximately 10 seconds until the power on the unit turns off.
- Turn the power back on by holding down either the Home or the Lock button.
- Once you have the power back on your unit, set the iPod player or iPhone device back down on the dock and try playing back your music through the clock radio.
NOTE: Slowly adjust the volume back up on the clock radio to avoid damaging the speakers. If the steps above do not resolve the sound issue, service may be required.
Follow these steps is sound is not heard when playing a CD on the clock radio.
- When using the CD, verify that the disc has been placed correctly in the CD compartment and that the disc tray or lid is completely closed.
- Ensure that any CD disc being used is clean by wiping the disc from the center of the disc out with a soft, dry cloth.
- Try different commercially produced CDs.
- Remove any CD and leave the compartment or drawer open for approximately one hour to eliminate any moisture condensation.
If the issue is still unresolved after doing the recommended solutions, service may be required.