Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the notebook LCD being too dark, black, all in one color, or does not display properly.
IMPORTANTE: Este artigo só se aplica aos produtos e / ou sistemas operacionais específicos. Por favor, consulte a seção de Produtos aplicáveis e recursos para este artigo antes de iniciar estes passos.
IMPORTANT: If the LCD is all one color or there are large portions which are all one color, tilt open and then close the LCD screen. If the colors change or return to normal as the LCD is moved or lightly tapped, other than the normal changes in brightness as the angle of viewing changes, the video cable has become crimped in the hinge. The notebook will need service to resolve this issue.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the LCD status after completing each step.
- Press the Fn+F5 keys, and then press the RIGHT ARROW key to increase the LCD brightness.
- The computer may be in video standby mode. Press any key to activate the display.
- Ensure the AC adapter is properly connected to the computer.
- Ensure the battery pack is fully charged.
- Disconnect any external display, all external devices, and remove all PC Cards.
- Restart the computer.
NOTE: Disconnect the AC adapter and battery pack, then push and hold the power switch for 30 seconds to ensure the computer is completely shutdown before attempting to restart the computer.
- Disable the PowerPanel™ profile to determine if the software configuration is causing the issue.
- Press the Fn+F7 keys to cycle between the video output modes.
- Reset the BIOS defaults.
NOTE: If the screen is too dark to be viewed, when entering the BIOS press the F2 key when the startup sound is heard.