IMPORTANT: If the LCD is all one color or there are large portions which are all one color, tilt open and then close the LCD screen. If the colors change or return to normal as the LCD is moved or lightly tapped, other than the normal changes in brightness as the angle of viewing changes, the video cable has become crimped in the hinge and the notebook will need service to resolve this issue.
- Ensure the brightness of the LCD has not been turned all the way down using Fn+F5 and the arrow keys. The RIGHT ARROW key is used to increase brightness.
- The computer may be in video standby mode. Press any key to activate the display.
- Ensure the AC adapter is properly connected to the computer.
- Ensure the battery pack is fully charged.
- Disconnect any external display, all external devices, and remove all PC Cards.
- Restart the computer.
NOTE: Disconnect the AC adapter and battery pack. Push and hold the power button or slide and hold the power switch, depending on the model, for 30 seconds. This will ensure the computer is completely shutdown before attempting to restart the computer.
- Press the Fn+F7 keys to cycle between the video output modes.
- Reset the BIOS defaults.
- Ensure the RAM memory modules are seated properly.
NOTE: Instructions on accessing the RAM memory modules are included in the user guide. Os manuais são postados em seu modelo de página de suporte.
- Determine if the LCD screen is physically damaged .
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.