NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the computer status after completing each step.
- Remove all media from all drives.
- Disconnect all external devices that are connected to the computer.
NOTE: These devices include, but are not limited to, a modem, floppy disk drive, network connection, USB device, printer, keyboard, or mouse.
- Connect the AC adapter into a known working AC outlet and to the DC jack on the notebook, and then attempt to turn on the computer normally.
- Verify the correct Sony AC adapter is being used, and not a third-party replacement AC adapter. To determine the model number of the AC adapter for your computer, refer to the specifications. Os manuais são postados em seu modelo de página de suporte.
- Connect the AC adapter directly to a wall outlet and not to a surge protector or extension cord.
- If the DC jack on the computer is loose or damaged, the computer may require service.
- Some AC adapters have a POWER LED indicator and can be confirmed as receiving power by ensuring the LED is lit. If the AC adapter is damaged, or the LED is not lit or continuously flickers when plugged into a working AC outlet, the adapter must be replaced. Peças e Acessórios Vendas.
- Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the Power Switch for 5 seconds. Once that has been done, connect the AC power adapter again, and then attempt to turn on the computer normally without the battery installed.
NOTE: If the computer turns on without the battery, the battery is either completely drained or defective. Put the battery back in, reconnect the AC adapter and charge the battery for 24 hours. If the issue still occurs, that battery is the problem and will need to be replaced.
- Remove any additional Random Access Memory (RAM) that may have been added to the computer.
NOTE: If removing the added RAM memory resolves the issue, check the computer specifications to ensure the memory modules meet the minimum requirements. If they do, the modules themselves may be defective.
- The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
- When shipping the computer for repair, include all notes of the LED status that display during troubleshooting.