Follow these steps to troubleshoot a Sony® monitor connected to a Sony VAIO® computer.NOTES:
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Os manuais são postados em seu modelo de página de suporte.
- Since each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the display function after completing each step.
- Disconnect the computer and monitor from any surge protector or power strip and plug it directly into a wall outlet.
NOTE: If the display returns after completing this step, the problem is isolated to the surge protector or power strip.
- Ensure the monitor cables are correctly connected .
- Perform a monitor self test.
- Turn off the power save function that turns the monitor off after a specified amount of time.
- Adjust the monitor brightness and contrast levels.
NOTE: Refer to the monitor manual or users guide for specific instructions on how to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast levels.
- If possible, connect and use the monitor with a different computer.
NOTE: If the monitor functions properly, then the problem is isolated to the computer to which the monitor was originally connected.
- Ensure that the keyboard and mouse are plugged into the appropriate plugs.
- On the back of the computer, switch the plugs in which the keyboard and mouse are plugged.
- Troubleshoot the computer display configurations from Safe Mode .
NOTE: If the display works properly when in Safe Mode, the problem is software related. Uninstall and reinstall the Graphics driver .
- Remove any hardware that has been added to the computer, including any added memory, internal or external drives, and any type (network, sound, video, USB, etc.) adapter card.
- Remove and reseat the existing memory modules.
- Remove and reseat the modem card.
- Remove and reseat the video card.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.