IMPORTANT: The computer must have a composite Video or S-Video input jack and compatible webcam software installed. Some computers may require a video capture card and/or sound board.
NOTE: This procedure cannot be performed when using the battery of the camcorder as a power source. If the camcorder is turned on, but not recording or playing a tape, it will automatically turn off after 5 minutes to conserve battery power. In addition, please be advised that this procedure may not work for all Sony® camcorder models even when using the AC power adapter. Some models have an automatic demonstration mode that will activate after 5 minutes if the camera is turned on but not recording or playing a tape.
- Plug the AC power adapter for the camcorder into a working electrical outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.
- Connect a composite video cable or S-Video cable to the VIDEO or S-VIDEO jack on the camcorder.
- Sony camcorders usually come packaged with composite Audio/Video cables; S-Video cables are sold separately.
- To purchase either of these cables, check with your local electronics dealer or visit Sony Parts and Accessories Sales. Peças e Acessórios Vendas.
- Connect the other end of the composite video cable or S-Video cable to the VIDEO IN or S-VIDEO IN jack on the computer.
- Turn on the camera by moving the POWER switch to the CAMERA position.
- Remove the cassette tape from the camcorder.
- Turn on the computer.
- Start the webcam application to be used.
NOTE: Contact the software manufacturer for assistance with setting up or using the webcam software.