The VAIO Care application comes with several troubleshooting tools that can help diagnose and fix many common computer issues.
NOTE: Sony will continue to develop and provide new troubleshooting tools, which will be added to the VAIO Care application via regular updates.
Follow these steps to access the VAIO Care troubleshooters.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click VAIO Care.
- In the VAIO Care window, click Troubleshooting.
- In the Troubleshooting screen, click to select where your issue resides from one of the five different categories:
- Program & Software - Click this option to troubleshoot the Operating System and other installed software.
- Network & wireless - Click this option to troubleshoot Ethernet, Wireless LAN, mobile broadband and Bluetooth issues.
- System - Click this option to troubleshoot BIOS, drivers and firmware issues.
- Storage & media - Click this option to troubleshoot the Hard disk drive, CD/DVD drive or Memory Stick media.
- Connected devices - Click this option to troubleshoot the touchpad, mouse, keyboard, video, printer, TV, USB or other connected devices.
- In the selected category screen, click to select the troubleshooter that most closely matches, or is most similar to the issue you are experiencing.
- Run the troubleshooter and allow it to automatically resolve your issue.
NOTE: If the selected troubleshooter does not resolve the issue, try selecting and running a different troubleshooter.