By setting up your computer as a Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA) server, you can stream media, such as music, photos or video, over your network to a DLNA-supported device. DLNA devices include certain TVs, Blu-ray Disc™ (BD) players, HiFi component systems and computers. Once the DLNA server and device are set up and connected properly, the device can access media from the iTunes® application and iPhoto® libraries, as well as other locations on the computer. Follow the procedure below to set up the Serviio software:
- The Serviio software is available on the serviio website.
- The computer and the DLNA device must be connected to the same network for this procedure to work.
- If you are using third-party firewall or security software, you may have to configure it to allow network access for the serviio software.
- Click the System Preferences icon in the dock.
- In the System Preferences window, under Other, click Serviio.
- In the Devices: section, verify your DLNA device is showing, enabled and has an IP address.
NOTE: If your DLNA device is not showing or does not list an IP address, verify it is set up and connected properly per the manufacturer's instructions.
For more information about the servio software, consult the operating instructions or visit the Serviio support website.