To conserve battery power, the tablet has a feature that will turn off the screen after a specified amount of time. That amount of time is defined as the Sleep setting.
By default, the screen is set to turn off after 1 minute. If that timeout interval is too short, follow this procedure to adjust the Sleep setting.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Display.
- In the Display screen, tap to select Sleep.
- At the Sleep prompt, tap to select the desired animation level.
NOTE: The following Timeout settings are available:
- 15 seconds
- 30 seconds
- 1 minute
- 2 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes