NOTE: Some VAIO® notebooks include a feature that allows disabling of the touchpad by pressing the Fn+F1 buttons on the built-in keyboard. Try holding down the Fn key and press the F1 key to see if the touchpad is re-enabled.
- Remove any media from the optical disc drive.
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect all peripherals, including external USB or wireless mouse and keyboard.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode .
- Verify if the right and left touchpad buttons function correctly.
- If Touchpad button(s) do not function properly, document which button is not working.
If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service will be required.