To enable the BD-Live function of your BDP-S350 Blu-ray Disc it is necessary to update the firmware to version 010 or higher.
- BD-Live allows you to enjoy additional content and services while playing a BD-Live capable disc.
- For optimal performance, we recommend that you use a Broadband Internet connection to access BD-Live content and services.
- BD-Live content and services require external USB flash memory (sold separately) for local storage.
Check the Current Firmware Version
- Power on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the Blu-ray Disc™ player is connected.
- Power on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- If the player starts to play a disc, press the STOP button and wait until the xross media bar™ menu is displayed on the television before proceeding.
- Use the arrow keys on the remote control to select Setup, System Settings, and then press the ENTER button.
- Use the arrow keys to select System Information, and then press the ENTER button.
- The firmware version currently installed on the Blu-ray Disc player will be listed on the television screen.
How to Get the Firmware Update
There are two ways to obtain the Blu-ray Disc player firmware update:
The Network Update operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that you use the Network Update method to update the Blu-ray Disc player firmware. You will need to connect the Blu-ray Disc player to your Internet source using an Ethernet cable. For additional instructions please visit the BDP-S350 Firmware Update page.
Create an Update Disc
If you cannot connect the Blu-ray Disc player to your Internet source, or if you prefer to download the firmware update yourself, please visit the BDP-S350 Firmware Update page.
- A computer equipped with a CD burner is required.
- A brand new CD-R disc is required
- A CD-R disc is highly recommended. Do not use a CD-RW disc.